COVID19 Emergency Funding Application
A new emergency funding opportunity is available, but it requires students to complete an application using the “Scholarship Universe” tile when you sign into Catalyst. Limited funds have been made available by Congress through the CARES Act to assist students with issues surrounding COVID-19 and the move to online coursework for spring and summer 2020 semesters.
The U.S. Department of Education has defined eligible students as being Title IV (federal aid)-eligible. Unfortunately, two student groups that do not meet that definition are international students and DACA students. As well, because the funds are tied to a change of enrollment to online coursework, students in online degree programs are not eligible for consideration.
You must make an application to be considered for these limited funds. Sign into Catalyst and select the “Scholarship Universe” tile to apply for the “UC Coronavirus/COVID-19 Student Emergency Funding” of up to $500. To complete the application, you can follow the steps provided below.
- Students will log into their account via Catalyst entering in their 6+2 and password then select "Log In."
- Students will be presented with their Homepage. To search for scholarships, click Scholarship Search tile.
- Their initial dashboard will be available. Students will see that they automatically qualify for the one scholarship that is available at this time.
- Students will click on "Scholarships."
- Students will be presented with current "UC Coronavirus/COVID-19 Student Emergency Funding application.
- Select "Apply."
- Student will need to complete the Emergency Funding application by answering a series of questions. Note: if a student is an eligible non-citizen, the student will need to provide their Alien Registration number. (Be sure to include the letter "A" and then your Alien Registration Number.)
- At the end of the application, the student will be presented an attestation statement and asked to provide either email or phone information.
- Select "Continue."
- Student will be presented with a copy of their completed application. If the student skips over a required question, their application cannot be submitted.
- Student will need to click Previous. Then, go back to add a response. Note: students can hover over any question with the following indication to get clarification.
- Once the application is completed, the student can submit the Submit button
- Student will be able to see the status and view their application.
- To log out, student can click the drop down by their name and select Logout.