There are many benefits to working through college.
Why work your way through college?
- Reduce the amount that you have to borrow to pay for school.
- Earn valuable job experience.
- Gain time management skills.
- Improve your grades by helping you plan your study time effectively.
- Receive employee benefits, if applicable.
Find student worker employment
- Apply for student worker positions. Some positions provide co-op experience.
- Look for on-campus restaurant gigs through Aramark.
- Make deliveries around your class schedule through Favor.
- Get paid to test apps.
- Drive your own car and be your own boss with Uber or Lyft.
- Market your skills such as animation, voice over, and photography online using sites like Fiverr.
- Learn more about Handshake which is a career platform for students, career centers, and recruiters come to meet, talk, share opportunities and resources.
- Visit the UC Career Center.
Tips to make working in college easier
- Find a job with a set schedule. This makes it easier to plan your classes and study time.
- Look for a job that pays more than minimum wage. If you need to spend time working, make the most money possible. Tutoring can help you earn more.
- Consider a job in your field of study to get work experience that will benefit you.
- Schedule time to relax and have fun with your friends. It is important to find balance if you are going to work while in school.
- Set aside money each month to help cover tuition and other fees.