Waive My Health Insurance
Health Insurance Coverage
Full-time, co-op and part-time students (taking six or more credit hours) are eligible for UC Student Health Insurance coverage and will be automatically charged this fee unless they have previously waived coverage during the current academic year. Learn more about health insurance at UC.
Students with qualifying health care plans should waive this coverage by completing the Student Health Insurance Waiver listed on the To Do List in Catalyst.
Student Health Insurance waivers for 2017-18 can be submitted in Catalyst. To view your submit your waiver request for the 2017-18 academic year, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to Catalyst using the button on the right
- Once logged in, view your To Do List on the MY DASHBOARD tab
- Select Student Health Insurance Waiver
Has the Student Health Insurance Waiver disappeared off of your To Do List? Expand
- Log into Catalyst and select the “MY DASHBOARD” tab followed by “Student Health Insurance Waiver Status” under Student Health Insurance.
- When the blank field appears, click “Search”.
- Under “Search Results”, click the term for which you wish to waive.
- You will see the “Student Health Insurance Waiver Status Check” page – click “Continue”.
- A new window will populate asking you login; if this doesn’t happen please check your pop-up blocker.
- Upon logging in, you will notice that you are on the “Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.” website. Select “I want to WAIVE” and complete the waiver.
- It may take 2-5 business days for the waiver to be processed. You will receive an email notifying you once it has been processed and advising you whether or not it was approved. If it is approved, the Student Health Insurance charge should be removed from your bill within 24 hours.
2017-2018 Term Waiver Deadlines
Fall 2017 September 5, 2017
Spring 2018 January 23, 2018
Summer 2018 May 22, 2018
Additional Student Health Information
The Student Health Insurance office provides additional information about student health insurance and coverage. The links below represent a sampling of the information you can find at their site. To view PDF files you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, a free download.